Raising Standards in Workplace Health & Safety
Maintaining standards in health and safety is key to the success of any business, as well as the safety of its employees. Outsource Support aims to reach and exceed the health and safety regulations through our complete outsource solution – both for our clients and our own employees. Here are some of the areas we focus on as we continually work to raise our standards.
All businesses have a responsibility to consider how their work practices and production methods affect the environment. We manage our supply chains with a conscious effort to minimise our environmental impact. Waste, recycling and the use of cleaning chemicals are all carefully researched and planned with a view to reducing any negative impacts.
Preventing Workplace Accidents
Keeping the workplace free of accidents is one of our primary objectives. Having high standards of health and safety in the workplace means implementing systems that limit the possibility of accidents, based on risk assessments of new and existing clients’ sites. These measures are to prevent accidents. We also test and reassess our systems frequently.
Our procedures are all committed to providing the highest quality facility support services to our clients. Holding ourselves to exceptional standards is the best way to ensure that our clients’ premises are safe, healthy and secure at all times.
What Outsource Support Can Offer
Outsource Support offers a range of facilities management, maintenance and cleaning services for property managers and businesses across Dublin and the North East of Ireland. Working closely with each client, we strive to understand the management requirements of their facility. In addition to routine cleaning, we can also create a tailored plan which may include maintenance, security, pest control and office support.
Our health and safety policy objectives are:
- To comply with all Irish and European Union safety legislation, guidance, and Codes of Practices.
- To continually strive for Continuous Improvement in all our operations.
- To identify, assess and manage risks. This will be achieved by implementing a systematic written risk assessment for all activities. These risks will be evaluated and documented as required.
- To promote the concept of health, safety, and welfare as a “Core Value” of our Service.
- To develop and apply safe work practices through consultation.
- To provide adequate instruction, information, training, and supervision as is necessary to ensure the safety, health, and welfare at work of all parties.
- To monitor and review the effectiveness of our Safety Management System.
- To comply with all COVID-19 Risk Management Strategies
Working With The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act
Outsource Support will always comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005. We believe that workplace accidents are preventable and that adhering to the provisions of the act can maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
The Act places a duty of care on us to ensure, as far as is possible, the safety of all personnel at work by maintaining safe plant, equipment, secure systems of work, safe premises, secure access and egress, and ensuring adequate instruction, training and supervision are provided. We are committed to:
- Preventing injury or ill health to anyone who may be affected by our work activities.
- Complying with all relevant legal responsibilities.
- Continually improving our risk management and health & safety performance.
It is our policy to ensure that all our safety obligations are met in partnership with our stakeholders. We do this by implementing an effective safety management system through communication and consultation.
View our new facility brochure here: Outsource Support Facility Brochure
We’d love to hear from you, and help you raise the standards of health and safety in your workplace. If you are interested in any of our services, please call us on (041) 9800 800 or complete the below form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.